The modern qualitative professional can no longer rely on a stock trade of focus groups and in-depth interviews to deliver fresh and credible insight. Industry now demands hybrid qualitative experts that harness a range of skills, experience and knowledge across disciplines and platforms. Design-inspired techniques, video storytelling, online forums, netnography, semiotic analysis, in combination with traditional qualitative approaches, are now the cost-of-entry into the field. Push factors include tighter budgets, more competition, and research clients who desire a more holistic understanding of users and consumers and their relationships to brands, services and products.
At RealEthno we cover all qualitative bases by adapting new approaches into our repertoire, but also maintaining traditional approaches and philosophies.
- Our core conviction is the idea of empathetic engagement with users and consumers leading to co-insight and understanding.
- Our background in participatory research methods enables us to develop a deep rapport with people in any setting, be it group room, real world or online.
- In doing so, we achieve deeper truths in relation to perceptions, attitudes and lived experiences.
Tools and Methods
At RealEthno we have developed a range of qualitative insight technologies that are rigorous, innovative, tried and tested.
- Anthropate – Our holistic research design that we use to explore the fantasies and realities of consumers living in the conditions of the future.
- Tap – Our real-time digital sharing communities that enable us to tap the lived experience of consumer groups over the longitudinal.
- TrendsFilter – Our way of distilling existing trends data into meaningful stories and identifying key macro trajectories with future market implications.
- brandDiagnostic – Our psychological diagnostic sessions that unlock the consumer subconscious to explore deeper drivers and triggers.
- Real-ethno – Our filmed anthropological sessions using ethnographic techniques to explore consumer real worlds and lived experience.
- leapMatrix – Our co-creative workshop tool enabling us to identify key leverage points, strategic opportunities and innovation pathways.
© 2011 realethnography pty ltd ABN83150100315